Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 2

So Day 2 of Whole30 down. I didn't have any time to work out today since we only had 30 minute lunches due to being short staffed. I still stuck to the eating plan even though I also woke up late this afternoon. Today I've eaten: 2 eggs omelet style, some salsa, sauerkraut, some grilled chicken, a granny smith apple, some tomatoes, 1/2 sweet potato w/ hot sauce, and some sunflower kernels. I don't really feel any different yet (not that I expect to this early). I have been really thirsty though, even though I've drank 2 20 oz bottles of water since I got to work. I'm excited for lunch today because Jer made nomnompaleo's Kalua Pork recipe in the slow cooker. I'm figuring I can make some sort of tacos w/ lettuce as the wrap, and then top the pork w/ some raw onion, yellow pepper, and avocado. Jer is insisting on making sauerkraut because "you can't have pork without sauerkraut". That works for me since I love it regardless of what else I'm eating. I haven't really had any issues with cravings today, nothing bad enough to warrant mention anyway. I still have the fleeting urge for ice cream (or truthfully non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt from Food Lion or Harris Teeter), but I've been able to stifle it for the most part with just chugging water instead. I really need to get some Whole30 compliant almond butter. I discovered that the almond butter currently in my posession has sugar in it, much to my dismay. My sweet tooth isn't very prominent, but when it does kick in, it's usually pretty severe. I'm going to do some research as to something I could actually have. I know it's against the rules to try to make fake/paleo desserts since it's just sustaining old, bad habits. I'll probably just eat some sort of fruit medley to kill it for now, maybe with some cinnamon to add that hint of extra flavor. We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment